Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Violet Walrond

 Hello readers!

Today and also yesterday we were learning about a famous swimmer from Nz called Violet Walrond. She is titled the youngest woman to compete in the olympics in those times. And she is the first woman from NZ to go to the olympics. In 1920 she went to the olympics with a team of 4 and her dad the coach. Since there weren't many planes in New Zealand back in the old days. They took boats to go to the olympics which the olympics she went to was at germany. I am telling to much so you can read the athlete profile. 

Here is the athlete profile!



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post