Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2021

All About Eels

A couple of days ago we have been learning about eels.Eels do not have a life cycle like us but its very different.Last week we went to a marae (Te pa o moki).This marae is all the way out in Leston. Clem Smith taught us a lot about eels and show us their life cycle.

This is how a eels life cycle is. First they can stay in Lake Ellesmere for as long as they want.So then if they want to have babies they go near Hawaii in the warm water.After that they have a dad and the mum.And the dad has to squeeze the mum to a ton of eggs come out.

But unfortunately the mum and dad die.But then the eggs turn into baby's (Larva).Then they have a scent of their mum and dad and follow their trail back Lake Ellesmere.Then they grow until they are adults.

Here are some photos of the eels we saw and the life cycle.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post